Work on a farm in Hawaii
Gingerhill is the Big Island’s premier educational retreat center for agriculturalists and wellness advocates alike. It is our mission to simultaneously offer our guests an enjoyable, restorative stay and inspire them to pursue sustainability, self-sufficiency, and stewardship of the land in their own lives. We would not be able to fulfill our purpose with such ease and joy without the loyal, enthusiastic support of our interns.
If you’re a positive, energetic individual with a strong work ethic and adaptable skill set who wants to work on a farm in Hawaii, we want you to intern with us at Gingerhill! We work to offer our interns a thorough experiential education while also catering to their curiosities and desires. We consult with incoming interns to determine their strengths, knowledge and desired educational offerings so we can create a mutually enriching exchange of work, skills, and ideas.
Interns are provided with the following:
- A cozy private or shared accommodation.
- Linens and blankets.
- Free wi-fi access.
- Access to our communal kitchen, including cookware, dishes, a stove, a fridge, and a small oven.
- Ten farm-to-table meals per week.
- A thorough understanding of sustainable permaculture principles and practices.
- Freedom to harvest organic fruits and vegetables from our farm.
- Inclusion in special farm events and celebrations.
- Free group yoga, meditation, and martial arts practice.
- The opportunity to make valuable connections with Gingerhill’s friends and staff.
- The education and experience of a lifetime!
*Important Note: Gingerhill Farm is not a vegan farm. We ethically raise, butcher, and prepare our own livestock.
6:00 am Meditation
6:30 am Yoga (Tues & Thurs)
8:30 am —12:30pm Farmwork
1:00 pm Lunch
4:00 pm Martial Arts (Mon and Thurs)
6:00 pm Figure Drawing (Wed)
6:00 pm Dinner
We offer internships of different durations, as many of our interns are only available for limited periods of time.
- One Month Internship: $2,000
- Three Month Internship: $3,000
Upcoming Internship Dates:
- January 1st-March 31st
- April 1st-June 30th
- July 1st-September 30th
- October 1st-December 31st
If you are looking to learn more about health, wellness, and agriculture, work on a farm in Hawaii, make new friends, experience community living, renew your sense of balance, amp up your resume, and make a valuable difference in the world, contact us today at email@example.com with the title “Internship” or fill out the application form below.